Public Access to City Council Meetings:
City Council meetings are now open to the public at 25% maximum capacity to allow for social distancing. Meeting attendees will be admitted on a first come, first served basis, with doors opening at 6 p.m. When capacity is reached, signage will be placed in front of City Hall indicating the Council Chambers has reached capacity and no further members will be permitted entrance.
Public Comments can be made in-person at City Council Meetings within the guidelines outlined above and/or via telephone by calling ahead of time and recording a message with the City Clerk’s office at (760) 947-1007.
The public may view the City Council meetings live or after the event on the City of Hesperia’s website at www.cityofhesperia.us.
Remote Public Comment: Public Comments Made By-Telephone Process
During the City Council meeting, public comments will be accepted in advance by calling and leaving a recorded message at (760) 947-1007.
- Call (760)947-1007 to leave a detailed message of your public comment.
- Identify your name and the item you wish to comment on in your message.
- Contact information in your voicemail is optional, but will allow staff to easily follow up if necessary.
- Comments on each Consent Calendar/New Business/Public Hearing item will be accepted after the start of the meeting and up to when the Mayor announces that public comment for that item is closed.
- Each public comment received by voicemail will be played by a staff member for up to three (3) minutes for Consent Calendar/New Business items and up to five (5) minutes for Public Hearing items.
Remote public comments received outside of the comment period outlined above will not be included in the record.