HESPERIA EMERGENCY HOUSING AND UTILITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The COVID-19 City of Hesperia Emergency Housing and Utility Assistance Program (EHUAP) will provide emergency rental, mortgage, and utility assistance grants, up to $6,000, to income-eligible households economically impacted during the COVID-19 pandemic through job loss, furlough or reduction in hours or pay, residing in the City of Hesperia.
EHUAP grants are rental, mortgage, or utility payments made on behalf of income-eligible households to pay for past, current or future rent for a maximum period of three (3) months as a result of the economic downturn during the COVID-19 pandemic. Assistance will not be paid directly to households; rather, the financial assistance will be paid directly to the bona fide mortgage company, landlord/property management agent and/or utility company.
Grants will be awarded to qualified applicants on a “first come, first served” basis until funds run out. Please contact April Antonio at firstname.lastname@example.org or (760)947-1909 for more information
The pre-application period for this program will be open until April 19th 2021 at 5:30pm or until funds are exhausted, whichever comes first. We will contact you within 7 business days of submitting the pre-application. If you meet the pre-application guidelines we will send you a link to the full application as the spots become available, the pre-application holds your place in line. For questions related to the application process or your pre-application after the 7 business days please contact Herica Sanchez at CVhousing@cityofhesperia.us or (909)784-1451
HESPERIA EMERGENCY BUSINESS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The COVID-19 Emergency Business Assistance Program (EBAP) will provide grant assistance to micro- and small-businesses adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as limited assistance to micro-businesses not impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please contact April Antonio at email@example.com or (760)947-1909 for more information
The pre-application period for this program will be open until April 19th 2021 at 5:30pm or until funds are exhausted, whichever comes first. We will contact you within 7 business days of submitting the pre-application. If you meet the pre-application guidelines we will send you a link to the full application as the spots become available, the pre-application holds your place in line. For questions related to the application process or your pre-application after the 7 business days please contact Christian Rodriguez at CVbusiness@cityofhesperia.us or (626)602-6595
The EBAP program will provide grants up to $25,000 to microenterprises (With five or fewer employees including the owner) that were adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (a limited amount of funding is available for microbusinesses not impacted by COVID-19 and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis).
Small Business Assistance
To qualify as an eligible business, the business must meet the following criteria:
- Business owner’s family income is less than 80% area median income
- Business is located within the city boundaries
- Owner is 18 years or older
- At time of application, business must be in good-standing with the City, have a valid business license, no pending health or code enforcement matters proceeding and not delinquent in the payment of any business license fees or taxes owed the city
- Business was adversely impacted because of the COVID-19 pandemic and can provide supporting documentation illustrating the impact
- Certification that the business has neither received nor will seek other grants, loans, or other assistance from any private, local, state, or federal funding source for the same use as identified in the program application
COVID-19 Small Business Tax Credit
Credit Reservations are Required: To receive a tax credit tentative reservation, qualifying small business need to apply to the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) between December 1, 2020, and January 15, 2021. Reservations will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
How the credit works: An eligible small business can receive $1,000 in credit for each net new hire that occurred during the second half of 2020, up to $100,000 per business. This tax credit can be used against personal and corporate income tax liabilities OR sales and use tax liabilities from the 2020 tax year. For more information and to reserve a credit reservation visit: https://www.ftb.ca.gov/file/business/credits/small-business-hiring-credit.html
CA Rebuilding Fund Small Business Loans
The California Rebuilding Fund is a loan program to support California’s small businesses—especially those located in economically disadvantaged and historically under-banked areas of the state. Businesses who employed 50 or less full-time equivalent employees (FTEs) and had gross revenues of less than $2.5 million or below in 2019 are eligible to apply.
The loans will need to be paid back over a 3- or 5-year term with a fixed annual interest rate that is currently 4.25%. Please see the Loan Terms tab for details. For more information and to apply visit: https://www.connect2capital.com/p/californiarebuildingfund/
- Business attraction, retention and expansion efforts
- Marketing and promotion
- Increasing the City's workforce and senior housing stock
- Improving the quality-of-life via an array of services intended to support these goals
- Acquisitions, disposition and leasing
- Developing and administering Downpayment Assistance Program (DAP), the HOME programs, and the Housing Rehabilitation and Sewer Connection Program (HRLP-SCP).
- Formulating and implementing innovative, new incentive programs
- Orchestrating affordable housing development
- Facilitating the creation of new, living-wage jobs
- Grant writing, infrastructure development, workforce development and other initiatives set forth in the Agency Redevelopment Plans.