Steven J. Lantsberger
9700 Seventh Ave.
Phone: (760) 947-1906
Fax: (760) 947-1917
Monday - Thursday
7:30 am - 5:30 pm
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Economic Development Department focuses on fostering private and public sector investment within the City, the City's Redevelopment Project areas and Community Development Block Grant target areas. The Economic Development team is responsible for:
- Business attraction, retention and expansion efforts
- Marketing and promotion
- Increasing the City's workforce and senior housing stock
- Improving the quality-of-life via an array of services intended to support these goals
Among its responsibilities, the Economic Development Department directs and oversees the City's real estate functions including:
- Acquisitions, disposition and leasing
- Developing and administering Downpayment Assistance Program (DAP) and the Community Development Block Grant Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program (CDBG-HRLP) and the Housing Rehabilitation and Sewer Connection Program (HRLP-SCP)
- Formulating and implementing innovative, new incentive programs
- Orchestrating affordable housing development
- Facilitating the creation of new, living-wage jobs
Hesperia Community Redevelopment Agency
The Economic Development Department also functions as the administrator of the Hesperia Community Redevelopment Agency with its incumbent programs and initiatives, manages the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME programs and spearheads special projects. The special projects handled by the Economic Development Department include grant writing, infrastructure development, workforce development and other initiatives set forth in the Agency Redevelopment Plans.
The Economic Development Department also manages the Economic Development Revolving Loan Fund (EDRLF). The EDRLF is funded by HUD Section 108, and its capitalization is used to support the growth and development of small business within the City.