How do I obtain a copy of a Police Department report?

In order to obtain a copy of a report you must be an involved party, and not listed as a suspect. Please call the Hesperia Police Station's Records Department at (760)947-1500 for the status of your report. There is a $10 charge for each report copy, payable by cash or credit card. The Police Department cannot release reports if a juvenile is involved. If the juvenile is a suspect in a case, please contact the Juvenile District Attorney's Office. If the juvenile is a victim or involved party in a case, please contact the Sheriff's Civil Liabilities Division at (909) 387-0613.

Traffic collision reports may be released to an involved party or the registered or legal owner of an involved vehicle. Major Injury or Fatal traffic collisions are generally available 90 days after the incident date, however may take up to six months to be completed. If a crime report has been referred to a detective for review, the report may only be released upon approval of the detective. If you are the victim of domestic battery or spousal abuse, you are eligible to obtain a copy of the report as soon as it is complete.

When a criminal case is submitted to the District Attorney's Office for review, the Police Department may not release the report to anyone. To obtain a copy of the report, please contact the District Attorney's Office at (760) 243-8600.

If you are listed as the suspect in a criminal report, the Police Department will not release the report to you unless the case has been adjudicated. Insurance agencies and law firms may obtain a copy of a police report by sending a formal written request letter to the Hesperia Police Department, along with a $10.00 check made out to the City of Hesperia.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Hesperia Police Department Located?
2. On what Holidays is the Police Department office closed?
3. I received a citation for a traffic violation. What do I do?
4. How do I get my towed vehicle released?
5. What are the office hours?
6. I received a notice of violation of the City's party ordinance. What do I do?
7. How do I obtain a copy of a Police Department report?
8. How do I file a complaint?
9. What are the hours of operation for Live Scan fingerprinting?
10. Where can I shoot?
11. Where can I ride my ATV or off-road vehicle?
12. Where can I find the crime rate statistics for the City of Hesperia?