How do I get my towed vehicle released?

To obtain a release for vehicles towed for vehicle code or criminal violations you will need a valid driver’s license, $150 cash, current registration and the owner of the vehicle must be present when the release is issued.

If your vehicle was towed due to a drunk-driving violation, you will need to come to the station for a release and pay the City’s DUI charge of $400.00 either cash or credit card.

If your vehicle was impounded for 30 days, it will be held for the entire 30-day period unless that time is reduced through our tow hearing process. If you believe there are valid, mitigating circumstances related to the 30-day impound of your vehicle, you may request a tow hearing by calling police department within 10 days of the tow.

If you have any questions or would like more information, please call the Hesperia Police Department at (760) 947-1500.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Hesperia Police Department Located?
2. On what Holidays is the Police Department office closed?
3. I received a citation for a traffic violation. What do I do?
4. How do I get my towed vehicle released?
5. What are the office hours?
6. I received a notice of violation of the City's party ordinance. What do I do?
7. How do I obtain a copy of a Police Department report?
8. How do I file a complaint?
9. What are the hours of operation for Live Scan fingerprinting?
10. Where can I shoot?
11. Where can I ride my ATV or off-road vehicle?
12. Where can I find the crime rate statistics for the City of Hesperia?