Community Development Block Grant Program
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is designed to provide decent, safe and sanitary quality standards for housing, support the beautification of neighborhoods, provide needed public services and improve economic opportunities for lower income persons within Hesperia.
By law, only 15% of the CDBG's total funding is allowed for the public service activities of nonprofit programs.
The National Objectives mandated by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) must still be accounted for by these programs when the grants are awarded. The following are a list of objectives:
- Elimination of slums or blight
- Benefit low- to moderate-income individuals
- Address other community needs having a particular urgency
Thank you for your interest in the 2018-2019 City of Hesperia (City) Community Assistance Program (CAP). The City CAP will replace the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Public Service Program funded through CDBG. The CAP grant program will be similar to the CDBG Public Service Program but will not be regulated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The CAP will be funded through the City’s general fund and managed by the Economic Development Department. We will make every effort to assist applicants to transition from the CDBG Public Service Program to CAP. We hope that participants will find CAP a very user-friendly and easily manageable program. The City is dedicated to its residents and wants to continue to fund public services.
The City of Hesperia’s CAP grants will be awarded in April of each year through the Hesperia City Council Advisory Committee and Hesperia City Council process, beginning with the publication of the 2018-2019 Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) English 2018-2019 Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) Spanish
All eligible public service agencies may apply for grant funding through the application process. For more information, contact Susie Flores at (760) 947-1909.
Community Assistance Program (CAP) Applications
- 2018-2019 CAP Notice of Funding Availability
- 2018-2019 CAP Public Service Application
- 2018-2019 CAP Application Instructions
- 2018-2019 CAP Draft Schedule
- 2018-2019 CAP Application Supplemental Documentation
- 2015-2019 5 Year Consolidated Plan and 2015-2016 Annual Action Plan
- Substantial Amendment to the 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan and Action Plans
- 2018-2019 Annual Action Plan
- 2015-2019 Citizen Participation Plan
- 2017-2018 CAPER
- Analysis of Impediments - April 7, 2015
- 2018-2019 CDBG Subrecipient Service Matrix List
- Inland Fair Housing and Mediation Board
The City of Hesperia's contracted Fair Housing service provider is the Inland Fair Housing and Mediation Board, a non-profit, public benefit corporation that has served San Bernardino County and parts of Riverside and Imperial Counties in Southern California since 1980. Funded by numerous grants and awards, IFHMB serves as an intermediary to assist individuals in resolving issues related to housing discrimination, homeownership sustainability, rental complaints, and disputes in court through the provision of resource recommendations, education, and mediation. Located in the City of Ontario with satellite offices in San Bernardino, Victorville, Barstow, Indio, and El Centro, California, IFHMB assists thousands of individuals each year through its numerous programs at no charge to the consumer.
Fair Housing Information / Useful Links
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- The Seven Access Requirements
- HUD Reasonable Accommodations
- HUD Reasonable Modifications Q&A
- Civil Rights Act of 1866
- The Fair Housing Act as Amended
- The Community Reinvestment Act of 1977
- The Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Limited English Proficiency
- Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995
- Housing for Older Persons Act Q&A
- Housing Advertisement Guidelines
The National Fair Housing Alliance website contains legal resources, reports, research, links to government agencies, public service announcements, and fair housing videos.