View this post on Instagram
#TBT to the Santa Fe Railroad Station here in #Hesperia in 1900! This station was a critical point for goods for early residents of the frontier and served as a welcoming point for new travelers. On the left hand side of the photo, the rear of the Hesperia Hotel is visible.
A post shared by City Of Hesperia (@cityofhesperia) on
Social Media Policy
City of Hesperia Social Media Disclaimer
The City of Hesperia participates in social media pages in an effort to engage members of the community in open, interactive communications while effectively disseminating accurate information to target markets. The following disclaimer applies to all City of Hesperia maintained social media pages.
This page is monitored periodically during regular business hours. DO NOT post emergency information; if you are experiencing an emergency, call 911.
This is an official social media page for the City of Hesperia, and anything you post here, including comments and deleted posts, may be subject to the California Public Records Act. Also, private messages or chat sessions with City officials may be made available to the public upon request. As regulations change, so will the City of Hesperia, and updates will be made to this page as needed.
Content on this site is subject to disclosure under the California Public Records Act;
By participating on this site you agree to grant a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license to any information posted;
Participants must honor intellectual property standards and must limit content to that which is rightfully posted.
Comments containing any kind of inappropriate content shall not be permitted on City of Hesperia social media pages and are subject to removal:
1. Comments not related to the original topic, including random, violent or unintelligible comments;
2. Profane, obscene, or pornographic content and/or language;
3. Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or national origin;
4. Defamatory or personal attacks;
5. Threats to persons or organizations;
6. Comments in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaigns or ballot measure;
7. Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale;
8. Conduct in violation of any federal, state or local law;
9. Encouragement of illegal activity;
10. Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
11. Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party.
12. Redundant or repetitive comments, with the same or similar content posted multiple times under various posts.
A comment posted by a member of the public on any City of Hesperia social media page is the opinion of the commentator or poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by, the City of Hesperia, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the City of Hesperia.
Please note that the City of Hesperia may use filters that prohibit various types of unacceptable comments from posting on the City’s social media page. If your post isn’t showing up, please review it for unacceptable language.
All comments posted to any City of Hesperia Facebook page are bound by Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, located at http://www.facebook.com/terms.php. The City of Hesperia reserves the right to report any violation of Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities to Facebook with the intent of Facebook taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.
The City of Hesperia reserves the right to deny access to City of Hesperia social media pages for any individual who repeatedly violates the guidelines without prior notice.
If you feel your comments have been unfairly deleted or would like to report inappropriate content, contact the City of Hesperia at email@example.com.
Contacting the City of Hesperia
To interact with the City of Hesperia please visit the official City of Hesperia webpage at www.cityofhesperia.us, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (760) 947-1000.