Pride Enhancement Program
This program is on hold until further notice.
Hesperia neighborhoods are vibrant and unique locations, home to caring residents of all ages, ethnicities, lifestyles and incomes who live, work, invest and play in our High Desert home. The City of Hesperia’s Pride Enhancement Program encourages residents to give special recognition by nominating homes in their neighborhood for contributing to the charm of the neighborhood, enhancing curb-appeal, and thereby helping Hesperia remain a place citizens are proud to call home.
Residents whose home is selected to be recognized will be awarded $1,000 (two $500 gift cards).
- Manicured landscaping
- Drought-tolerant landscaping
- Flowers or trees
- Driveway resurfacing
- Cosmetic window replacement or enhancement
- Attractive exterior paint
- To be considered for the program, a nomination form must be submitted online, to Hesperia City Hall in person, or via email to email@example.com. To be considered, nomination forms must be submitted to the City by the 15th of the month prior to Hesperia City Council Advisory Committee meetings.
- Winners are selected quarterly by the Hesperia City Council Advisory Committee. The Committee will make the determination based on the nomination form and the photos of the home. Applicant and resident names will be redacted during the selection process.
- Photos must be included with each nomination form. Between 1 – 3 photos will be accepted.
- Program honorees are determined at regularly scheduled meetings of the City Council Advisory Committee, held the second Wednesday in January, April, July and October.
- Nomination forms will be considered for 12 months before they are discarded. Nominees may resubmit after 12 months.
- Winners will receive $1,000 (two $500 gift cards).
- Winners and the individual that submitted their nomination form will be notified of selection and invited to be recognized at a City Council Meeting. Winners must accept recognition in person or they forfeit the recognition and gift card to be extended to another applicant.
Additional Program Information:
- Self-nominations are allowed.
- Available to Hesperia residents only; nominees will be verified of residency through water utility bill.
- Winners may only be designated once throughout the life of the program.
- City employees are not eligible to be nominated for recognition. For the purpose of this program, this shall include a home in which an employee resides as well as homes owned by City employees in which they do not reside.
- Additionally, any person affiliated with or a representative of the City may not participate in this program.
For full information on this program, please contact Marissa Pereyda in the City Manager’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (760) 947-1019.